"Socks are Dobby's favorite, favorite clothes, sir!"

Dobby has a new pair of them... Finally
I have been working on these since January.
























Above is the first part of the toe up construction.
I used the "forward" wrap method which requires
you to make the cast on by knitting it...
It only makes sense when you do it. Trust me
it's brain bleeding..

The toes had an increase of a two stitches every row until I had 44 sts
a round.























Later on, when I had progressed beyond that point
I truly felt as if I had a real sock in the making.

Then I hit the heal.... and the "rip and repeat" learning curve.
It was NOT a fun time.. when you had to really learn
short row heal and screw it up time and again.

But last night, finally, after 3 months of these living in my knitting bag,
they are done.























I so am stoked that I actually did these.

BTW,

That FUGLY blue yarn mentioned here has gone
to stash camp in the basement along with
a few of the other "not stash" yarns.

On a geeky note, I got to play with a toy























ACER has a better one but this was TOO cute....
Down side of the Dell
512 MG Ram 16 GB Flash drive
Flat Chicklet keyboard
Approx $469.00 retail...

If you folks get the chance, buy the Acer, it's the better of the two.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stash enhancement

SKI HICKORY!

Mystery Wheel